Wednesday, 19 December 2012

final blog


I feel the different elements in the performance helped the audience understand Brechtian theatre clearly. The cards with A B C D and office worker single mum and old person this is a classic act of bretchian theatre.

Because the cards show the audience that the we are actors and we are acting out to be these people. This kind of brings the audience to a thinking state of mind that is actually happened and makes them think about these issues in the world and how it maybe in a long run effects them or their children, our piece had all different elements of physical theatre.

I feel that all the performance was good and true brethican theatre, I feel that Sarah N class was good but I feel that it was more of a joke and very close to a musical although they used the disconnect us the audience from the show I didn’t see clearly what their message to us was? It felt like I was watching a funny musical about a supermarket where you can buy babies with a bitchy selfish boss and “slutish”checkout girls and where the prices went up for stupid reasons. I think maybe I missed the message; wills group was interesting it was two ensemble groups one was the parents and the others was the groups it was interesting to see because they moved as one so it just looked as a child and parent talking maybe in a living room or something but obviously it wasn’t.

I feel our piece out the 3 was the most bretchiran and the most interesting it had elements of music but it wasn’t overtaking the message, we had the ensemble scenes to show political times through the ages and we also had scenes from Blondie, I feel that our show had a strong message and I think people got it they understood, it wasn’t to much and it wasn’t to less.

I feel that the audiences was very different the first audience was our peers they knew us they already so they found everything quite funny when parris group did the bin laden scene they found it comical but serious at the same time whereas the parents looked at it from a different perspective. For me an audience never really phases me as an performer obviously its nice to get the reaction you want from the audience but I do think actors should learn not to feed off the audience. My in terms of my performance I feel I couldn’t and didn’t connect with my role because it was either narrator 3 for A, but studying brecthian theatre you need to be disconnected in order to get the message across to the audience. I think that all theatre is political because each piece of theatre that is made has a duty to create and evoke feeling from the audience weather its children or adults or teenagers etc..

Overall I have enjoyed working on bretchian theatre I always feel that I need to connect with the character or I need to find that person inside me in order to pull off an good decent performance but doing brectian theatre it has made me think differently and that in its self is political.

1 comment:

  1. Your account of workshop one was detailed and I like how you organised your thoughts of how the exercises were helping your understanding of the techniques. You comments about the workshops show an insight into what you have been learning and how you have understood this. Your responses are personal and honest.

    You were able to show lots of research to back up what we had been doing in lesson, however it is always good to make comments on videos you have watched or articles you have read to show how they link to the work we have been doing in the lessons. Great that you linked in the ‘Blackta’ show – this was very political and you were able to give an excellent evaluation of how it made you think of our piece.

    Your evaluation of your protest is honest and concise. I think you could have included some research for this piece – what drove you to want to do this protest? What research backed it up? You could have given a copy of the monologue that you wrote to perform and annotated it with justifications for the performance.

    Overall your blog has been well presented, there are some links to research that support the work in the lessons. Some areas are more detailed than others, however in these parts you have been able to evaluate the work well, comments are thoughtful and detailed. I think if you were to use the blog system again you could organise the pages with: Character research, Practitioner research, Workshops notes, Performance Evaluation. These headings will ensure you write about everything needed. This is a huge improvement in your Actor’s Log in terms of what you submitted last term. Well done Crystal, you have worked hard – continue with this motivation to complete work to a high standard.

    ReplyDelete